Thursday, December 06, 2007

Baby Fever

I've been waiting 9 long weeks to breathe a word of this, but the cat is finally out of the bag as of today. I'm going to be a first-time auntie in June. By the time the little bambino arrives, he or she will be the first new member born to my immediate family in almost 38 years. That's a long, long time, and as you can imagine, my family is over the proverbial moon. This is an enlarged copied-and-pasted PDF image into a jpg of a scan of a print-out of a 3-D ultrasound taken this morning. That is to say, the quality was better on the original, according to my brother (the father-to-be). I promise that I'll try hard not to kill this blog with baby fever. Gestational age today is 11-6/7 weeks, essentially the last day of the first trimester (give/take a week). I've been patiently waiting for the second trimester to begin so I can buy yarn, but I still have to wait until after the new year to learn the gender. Nevertheless, neutral-colored yarn purchasing begins tomorrow.

11 Comments:

At Friday, December 07, 2007 11:23:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

That's great news, LA!! You're going to be a great aunt!!

 
At Friday, December 07, 2007 12:00:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Congrats! That Koigu baby blanket in SnB is awful pretty . . .

 
At Friday, December 07, 2007 7:16:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

LA, I am so excited for you. Time's-a-wasting, you better get to knitting because 9 months flies by fast (if you're not carrying the baby, that is).

BTW: I had palpitations when I first started reading your post. It being so close after Thanksgiving and having a turkey baster on hand, I thought you were telling us YOU had the bun in the oven!

 
At Saturday, December 08, 2007 12:28:00 AM, Blogger It's Barbie, Bitch said...

Fab news! How very, very exciting for your family.

 
At Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:08:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Saturday, December 08, 2007 2:09:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, everyone!

Flix - I certainly intend to be.

Diane - I've made that blanket and it's a strong contender It was both fun and easy.

Kookla - Perish the thought! I'm pretty sure my eggs are in the process of expiring.

It's Barbie, Bitch - Thanks for stopping by. :)

 
At Sunday, December 09, 2007 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

so what did you decide to make? For what it's worth, I have to say, I was really happy with this baby sweater

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 12:37:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

congrats on the impending family member. thank goodness for breeders, because it's people like you and me who make the family tree short a couple branches.

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 11:08:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Diane - Haven't decided yet. I'll probably start making decisions on December 26th.

Kitty - Yeah, thank goodness for my brother, because my sister and I are not fulfilling my mother's dream of being a grandmother.

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 12:41:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

When I started to read your post, I ALSO thought you were going to say YOU were pregnant!

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 4:10:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Edit - You know my age, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home