Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008

So it looks like we all survived another holiday season. I managed to pick up some bug or maybe my defenses were just down due to all the nonstop activity, lack of sleep, and other indulgences. At any rate, my voice is returning and I can finally breathe again while my mouth is closed.

One of my favorite celebrity gossip sites, Crazy Days and Nights, gave his readers a little new year's treat and did a big reveal to many of his blind items for the last several months. Here is the link to the goodness, or should I call it badness since mostly they are stories of celebrities behaving badly. Though I must say, deep in the reveals earlier in the year, you'll find three celebrities behaving very well, namely, David Beckham, Ben Affleck and Eric Dane. It's worth the scroll to learn that not all celebs are total tools. I was especially impressed by Affleck's good turn.

Speaking of celebrities, you are probably asking yourself which celebrities I think will perish in 2008. It just so happens, I made a list recently detailing just that. Then, I entered said list in the 2008 O.B.E. celebrity death pool over at FlyMeToTheTomb.com. I've been playing this sick game on and off since 2001. My list is pretty darned close to last year's list (I only had one right in 2007) with a few tweaks. Here are this year's picks:

1. Amy Winehouse
2. Kirk Douglas
3. Betty Ford
4. Robert Blake (psst...he has cancer)
5. Farrah Fawcett
6. Fidel Castro
7. Ariel Sharon
8. Jack Kevorkian
9. Billy Graham
10. Zsa Zsa Gabor
11. Eunice Kennedy Shriver
12. Suzanne Pleshette
13. Joe (Jose) Eszterhas

Alternate - Britney Spears

p.s. I'll reveal the answer to the knocked-up belly from the previous post next week when I find out the baby's gender.

(photo credit)

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 01, 2008 9:27:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

fun reveals on the blind items

 
At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:14:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I hear you on the holidays. They are fun, but one still needs a break once the dust has settled and the gift giving completed.

 
At Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:40:00 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Great list. Hmmm now I'm trying to think of celebs likely to kick off, but I think you've got them all. I'll say Queen Elizabeth even though I don't really think she will. Those old monarchs live forever.

 
At Friday, January 04, 2008 8:38:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

The no longer blind items just made my day. Actually the whole Britney thing kinda made my day, but this is making it better!

Those are all totally respectable guesses for your death list.

 
At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 2:12:00 AM, Blogger kookla100 said...

I confess. I'm a Scrooge. Which is why I pack up and leave town. I got the idea from PK, who always seemed so happy when she returned after all the gift giving, food orgies, gift returns and busted bank accounts left me with holiday hangover.

I love this death pool list. I would like to nominate Hal Holbrook because I saw him on the Critic's Choice awards last night and he looked like he was already dead. But there is no way I can top your list. You are good. Real good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home