Friday, August 29, 2008

A Girl and Her Dog

As you can see, Ava and Ruby are living in harmony. Ava's 2 months old now; Ruby, 2 years. How cute are these girls?

I had a week I'd rather forget. It started out with the funeral of a woman I used to work with who was way too young to not wake up one morning. Then I had to rush my sister to the emergency room a couple days ago. She's okay now, but I am completely unimpressed with Kaiser. It was possibly the most frustrating experience I've ever had with a health care provider. I know a lot of people choose Kaiser because it's cheap, but let me tell you something... you're getting what you pay for. Not much.

Did you catch Obama's speech the other night? It was the highlight of my week, I thought he was terrific. His message of change is one that really resonates. I remember feeling the same way after 8 years of Reagan and 4 years of the first Bush. Times were bad then, but they're actually worse now, and change is even more critical today than it was in 1992. It's imperative.

Okay, here's one more baby picture of my brother holding his little girl. Every time I see her, she looks a little bit more like my dad, it's a trip. I finally finished the blanket I've been knitting for her, and just for kicks, I also made her a little pink beret. She's flying cross-country in a few weeks to visit her Grandma A in Northern Michigan where the temps are cooler at night, so she'll need some knits in her chic baby wardrobe. When I saw her last weekend, I bounced her on my knee and sang this song to her. She LOVED it!

Have a great Labor Day weekend, everyone! Ava's looking forward to the first week of college football. She's already an Aztec fan!

6 Comments:

At Saturday, August 30, 2008 3:42:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

Aww...Labs are so good with babies!

I've heard the same thing about Kaiser from many, many people. Hospital/ER trips SUCK.

 
At Monday, September 01, 2008 8:26:00 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Cute pictures. Love her smile in the one with Ruby.

Sorry to hear about your woes.

Obama's speech was impressive. I also enjoyed Michelle's, Kennedy's, Hillary's and Biden's. I didn't see Bill's. Yes, we need change.

 
At Tuesday, September 02, 2008 12:16:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i'm sorry you had such a rough week. but hopefully obama's speech and that cute little niece made up for it!!

 
At Tuesday, September 02, 2008 2:08:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Did you post any photos of the blanket and beret???


Great photos! Go Aztecs!

 
At Tuesday, September 02, 2008 2:46:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Diane - I will post photos after sewing (for the beret) and blocking (for the blanket). The beret has a pompom, too. It took about 2 hours to make, super-easy baby pattern I'm happy to share if you like it.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

 
At Wednesday, September 03, 2008 7:18:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

yes, please!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home