Monday, February 19, 2007

LUST – An Anagram to SLUT


Apparently, I am fast earning a reputation as a Scrubs Slut. Over lunch this weekend, my brother said to me, “I meant to text message you at the time… I saw Donald Faison at the Lakers’/Knicks’ game this week.”

Me: “Really? Did he do any Turk dances?”

Brother: “No, but he made a big display of being a Knicks’ fan.”

Sister: “Was J.D. there?”

Brother: “No sign of Zach Braff.”

Me: “Whenever your wife calls me, she first asks if I’m watching Scrubs.”

Brother: “Dude, she’s totally learned the Scrubs schedule because you’ve gotten her off the phone in the past when it was on. The other night at 7:20, she said, ‘I need to call your sister, but I have to wait until 8:00 when Scrubs ends.’”

Me: “Yeah, there are back-to-back episodes of Scrubs weeknights on Comedy Central from 7-8, four episodes from 6-8 on Saturdays.”

Brother: “It’s pathetic that you know that.”

He’s right. I used to loathe television to the point that I seriously didn’t watch it for about 20 years. I’ve only had cable for a year. Before that, I kept my television unplugged and only used it when I rented a video, maybe once quarterly. Maybe. Now, I’m totally addicted to Scrubs reruns.

Brother: “By the way, KFed was at the game, too. Incredibly, he was on the floor. He sat two seats away from Spike Lee.”

Me: “WTF?? Kfed had floor seats at Staples Center? That’s just plain wrong.”

Everyone agreed this was just plain wrong, and from this point, the conversation devolved into an analysis of Britney’s head-shaving, tattoo-garnering meltdown…

10 Comments:

At Monday, February 19, 2007 5:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Scrubs... and missed the entire last season. I've been catching up on reruns.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 6:12:00 PM, Blogger v said...

I adored SCRUBS when it debuted. Then stopped watching the last couple seasons thanks to an ever-shifting timeslot and other things. I've been watching this season and am once again a big fan. Though if I had to choose, I'd have to pick 30 ROCK and THE OFFICE ahead of SCRUBS.

That being said, I totally watch those Comedy Central SCRUBS reruns too.

And the Lakers played the New York Knicks (not Nicks). It's a funny team name short for Knickerbockers.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 6:21:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, V, for schooling me on the proper spelling of Knicks. Corrections are made.

Scrubs reruns are a joy!

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 7:54:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

This comment is for your 'Music & Lyrics' post, but Blogger won't let me in.

I'm sick of Drew and her lisp it was cute when she was younger. Not so much anymore.

 
At Monday, February 19, 2007 8:24:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

Um...you realize JD and Turk are CHARACTERS on a television show, right?

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 2:29:00 AM, Blogger LN said...

Haha don't be ashamed, last time I talked to one of my best friends on msn - she lives abroad, I get to see her only once or twice a year - I was so caught up in watching Scrubs that she thought I had left the room. So I guess I qualify as a Scrubs Slut, huh?

And the Brit Brit Kfed soap opera? God I just realized that I am now the person my friends go to when they want to know the dirt on celebrities. I didn't see that one coming, for sure!

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 10:06:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I've fallen in and out of watching Scrubs, but like V, it lost me when the timeslot was changed and changed and changed again. I have a short attention span when my shows switch nights and times.

 
At Tuesday, February 20, 2007 1:40:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I've never seen Scrubs, as my television viewing is already too involving. But thanks for the warning below. I need to be objective this Thursday.

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 4:50:00 PM, Blogger bird said...

I have had such a big crush on Zach Braff since Garden State (awesome movie)
Great show....silly funny sweet

 
At Friday, February 23, 2007 5:38:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I echo V - I do like Scrubs alot, but the ever changing time slot from the years past made it hard to get hooked - and it's good, but not as good as the Office and 30 Rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home